WHY I'M BLOGGING

WHY I'M BLOGGING:
So, the first two entries of my blog explain how I got to embrace the idea of blogging. 1) It's therapeutic to a SAHM and not as visible as Facebook and 2) I think I may be crazy; maybe this outlet will make me less crazy. If you happen upon this unadvertised blog because we're friends or because you just happened to find me, then read. I hope you'll enjoy. This is the place where I plan to be an open book.

Monday, March 5, 2012

35 & Counting


Well, dad, it does seem like it was just yesterday.

Hmmm.  February 15th was my 35th birthday.  What to think, what to do, what to say?  Well in my wisdom, I have figured out there is a negative correlation between getting older and thinking my parents are crazy.  Have you?  My dad has always said nostalgic things like "It was just like yesterday when you were small" or "Life goes by in just a blink of the eye." and I used to shrug it off as an old person statement or simply shrug it off.  But not now.  Now I catch myself saying those things on occasion and most definitely thinking them.   I think back about my parents and remember them getting so peeved about me not going to sleep.  And now I get it.  Ohhhhh do I get it.  I realize my parents were just like me.  As a child I allowed them no room for mistakes from the pedestal I placed them on. Now I clearly see they were people who were comical, fun, and enjoyed being parents.  They were human and flawed, normal and (for the most part) sane.  It's an amazing thing when your life comes full circle.  Seeing things from your parents' perspectives is so life changing.  It's especially funny that what you couldn't see for a lifetime can become visible in a matter of just a few months or even minutes. 
When Margaux turned three, I started an early mid-life crisis.  I can't believe the little human that was non-existent yesterday is no doubt a child now and no longer a baby or toddler today.  Then Steve Jobs passed away and I was bombarded with all these inspirational quotes that made me feel incredibly unsatisfied and lazy and I thought I was just going to cry.  But seriously, chew on this one.  No, really chew on it.  Think about it and think about your life.  That one didn't move you?  Try this one.  Steve Jobs was only 56 when he passed away.  Knowing he felt fulfilled when I didn't had me in a tailspin.  Pair that with suddenly losing a close friend you feel is still so young and: VOILA!  Mid-life crisis.  So what to do?  Oh Lord, I dunno, but it's gonna be something.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Shelly, you're awesome. Keep your head up & kick that mid-life crisis in the ass & tell it to go the on because you're not ready for it. :) (All this coming from the most pessimistic person to walk the earth) Stay strong! You can get through this & you don't have to do it alone. I'm right down the street & promise to annoy you often from now on. Lol. <3

    ReplyDelete