WHY I'M BLOGGING

WHY I'M BLOGGING:
So, the first two entries of my blog explain how I got to embrace the idea of blogging. 1) It's therapeutic to a SAHM and not as visible as Facebook and 2) I think I may be crazy; maybe this outlet will make me less crazy. If you happen upon this unadvertised blog because we're friends or because you just happened to find me, then read. I hope you'll enjoy. This is the place where I plan to be an open book.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Facebook is not where it's at.

What a sweet, dear friend I lost.
I recently lost a good friend.  It was sudden and unexpected.  It has been hard.  But what made me most displeased about the situation (besides losing said friend) was that someone with good intentions made the comment that I was "putting it out there" that I was grieving.  I say good intentions because I think this person was trying to check on me and see how severely upset and/or depressed I was, but what exactly does "putting it out there" mean?  Does it mean that I'm wrong for saying "Lost a dear friend today and am heartsick I didn't make more time to spend with him. Please keep the love of his life in your prayers." the same day he passed away or "Having a rough time of it. Little prayers, please, friends."  48 hours later?  I really didn't consider myself being too transparent or public about one of the moments when I hurt the deepest.  I simply thought it was what one could expect from a Facebook friend that is suffering the loss of a close friend.    That being said, I found myself unintenionally filtering any pain, grief, anger, frustration, annoyance and misery I might have experienced.  It has now been over two months and I'm still feeling down and out, stressed, mentally fatigued, and sad.  But I no longer feel comfortable placing my true feelings online.  At least not on Facebook.  So I started this blog.  This blog will be me unfiltered.  I will not care about voicing my political feelings, my personal feelings, my religious feelings, and certainly not my human feelings.  This blog may be a good recipe or it could be a good rant.  Regardless, I plan on making this my complete and total outlet for sanity preservation.  Here goes.

1 comment: